We are here to offer you a free moving quote with absolutely no obligation whatsoever! Whether you’re moving locally, long-distance, or with your company, you can count on us to give provide you the best possible estimate without any commitment. You can count on us to give you a fair and honest offer without pressuring you into anything. Capital City Movers have helped so many clients have a stress-free relocation! Let us give you an honest assessment that is completely non-binding. After all, we have the expertise to complete your relocation on time with a professional service and within your budget. Contact us to get more information!
What is a free moving quote and how to get one for your move?
Many people experience relocation at least once in their lives. That is a completely normal part of life. However, many of those people tend to get into the moving process unprepared or only partially ready, which could cost them a lot (both literally and figuratively). Still, there are ways to help those people not only save money but time and patience as well. That’s why our diligent moving company offers a free moving quote to all of our clients. Therefore, whether you’re moving around the corner or to another country, we are there to help you through all of that.
To make you better understand why a free moving estimate is important, we have to explain what it exactly is. First of all, a moving quote is an honest estimate given by a moving company of how much will a relocation cost. It is up to the customer to provide as much information as possible to the moving company in order to get as precise an estimate as possible. The more information you provide, the better the estimate will be. Some companies, such as ours, offer a free moving estimate. We know how tedious and overwhelming a moving process can get. That’s why we thought of everything. Therefore, we offer a completely non-binding free moving quote for any of our potential clients!
Prepare for your move thanks to your free relocation estimate
We feel it’s our duty to help our customers relocate as stress-free as possible. That’s why we came up with the idea of a free-of-charge relocation quote to help our clients save money. That way you can have one less worry to bear. To inform you better, there are certain features that influence your moving cost. Some affect it more and others less. Anyway, you should know at least something about it to better prepare for your move:
- Size of your relocation – The heavier your boxes are, the costlier your move will be. However, those are simply not things you can influence. If you have to move, don’t hesitate.
- Packing supplies – In case you plan on purchasing your own boxes, you could save some money. Still, it’s good to be safe just in case. Buying boxes on your own could result in them tearing apart. We offer quality packing supplies we can guarantee for.
- Choosing storage – Certain moving companies offer storage services as well as other moving services. If you opt for storage, you will add that to your moving bill.
- Travel costs – The further you’re moving, the higher the price. Don’t let that bother you. Still, ask movers about the price.
- Your moving date – If you plan on moving anytime soon, make sure you book your movers as soon as possible. You will save money if you schedule your relocation early. That’s because you will hire movers on time and give them space to prepare well.
- Insurance policy – This usually has nothing to do with the moving company but with your deal with the insurance company. It’s always a good idea to purchase insurance just in case.
Why is getting a free moving estimate important?
When the topic of moving somewhere comes into play, the first thing that pops up is the cost of the relocation. And it would be naive to say that there weren’t movers out there that tend to be dishonest when it comes to a free moving quote in NYC. They use different methods to attract clients, such as significantly lower estimates, closing deals over the phone without a house call, etc. But, for your information, it is very important to provide New York City moving professionals with the exact volume of your relocation. Additionally, you should provide them with specific information regarding your particular New York move. Since NYC is large as it is, it hosts several hundreds of thousands of relocations annually.
Hence, there are many factors that can influence the price of your relocation. So to be sure that you are well-informed, we will go through the calculation process and the three phases of any professional NYC relocation. We hope that this will aid you in your calculations, and if not, you can always reach out to Capital City Movers for a free moving estimate.
Calculation preparations for a free moving quote
One way to receive the exact or near-exact moving quotes in NYC in almost no time is to use a moving cost calculator form. And if you choose not to use one such calculator, we shall give you some hints on how to use it properly. It is simple and easy.
No matter what you do in life, you should always prepare and make a plan first. The same goes for a moving quote in NYC and using a moving calculator. Even though it’s as easy as lifting a box, you still need the right information and knowledge. The very difference between the actual price and quote that you receive with the moving calculator or real-time quote can be huge, depending on the original information you provide. This goes double when you plan a long distance relocation. So here is the type of information you need to prepare before this step:
- The addresses you provide need to be exact. Distance is an important factor for all moving quotes in New York. It can determine and influence the overall price of the relocation in a huge way.
- Make an inventory of ALL the items you are moving. Make a checklist of all belongings you plan to have relocated to your new residence. It will help you monitor everything and it will help your moving crew.
- Decide who will handle which part of the NYC relocation. Moving quotes NYC depend on the volume and type of relocation services you are looking to pay for.
- Make sure that the moving company is well-informed. Every NYC mover will charge you more if there are unmentioned complications during the actual relocation.
- Check on the supplies, the equipment, and the tools. All this will influence the price for your NY move, so you need to look into it carefully.
Address A and address B make an important impact on free moving estimates in NYC
You need to make sure to insert the proper addresses in the appropriate fields of the moving calculator or quote form. It looks like an unimportant matter, but think again. Is it the same if you’re moving only 2-3 miles away or making a significantly larger commute?
However, make sure you save all your moving receipts since your moving expenses could be tax-deductible. For instance, if you plan on donating unwanted items to a charity organization, you should itemize all belongings and record their current cash value on the donation receipt. Therefore, you will be able to get a tax deduction thanks to those donations.
Because you see, it’s not just the miles that count – there is also time spent to complete the relocation. Working hours, the complexity of the route from your old to your new home, etc. This is why you need to have the exact address, along with mapped-out routes when it comes to transportation. After all, these are details you should already know, given the fact that it is your new home. And all of this goes towards receiving a more precise free moving quote in NYC.
Influential component of a free relocation estimate – the size of the relocation
As we said, the distance is as important as the time spent during the relocation is. But what makes a crucial impact on a free moving quote in NYC is the actual volume of your move. You must write down and inventory each and every little piece of belongings that you have. Based on that input, the moving company gets:
- Information about the number of workers required,
- The general idea on the equipment needed,
- The number of moving trucks for the relocation,
- Quantity and quality of moving boxes that you will need to use
This is all something NYC movers can understand from the information you provide during a free moving quote or while filling out the calculator steps. And it is something that then helps them make a more precise estimate and plan of action.
Depending on the size of your relocation, with the help of the moving calculator or moving quote estimate, you will be able to conclude whether or not you will hire affordable NYC moving professionals. Because in case you can calculate here and there, it can lower the price for your move. But if your relocation demands a large-scale effort and execution, then you can’t count on the relocation cost to be cheap.
What kind of services do you expect from our hardworking movers?
You probably had someone advising you to handle part of the relocation by yourself – in order to save money. Am I right? Well, it is a proven fact that this method can save money during relocation. Basically, the more effort you put in, the less money you payout. But the risk you take is also greater. The commonly advised part of the relocation for DIY undertakings is the packing process of the move. Being that in all other parts you need to put quite an effort, potentially not having expertise for it (such as driving a big moving truck or loading/unloading your belongings).
Hence, there are three ways to conduct your relocation:
- Going full-on DIY relocation – In which case, you wouldn’t be interested in NYC moving quotes, logically.
- Hybrid meet-me-half-way move – Both you and the moving company conduct a part of the relocation.
- Full-service NYC moving – You leave the entire moving process and tasks to the trained relocation professionals.
But, if you want to play a safe card and eventually save yourself from trouble and hidden costs, opting for our diligent moving services is a smart move. We came up with various moving services that anyone can choose from. Whatever service you may need, we can make it happen:
- Local movers
- Long-distance movers
- Commercial movers
- Storage services
- Packing and unpacking
- White glove services
- Handyman services
So, it’s up to you to decide which type of relocation you want. And you should decide this before you turn to the moving calculator or online estimates. Because, as we said, the price grows based on the number of services you use. And Capital City Movers offer all sorts of services you might need during relocation. This includes self-storage NYC and other extra moving services. So once you know what kind of services you would like to use during the relocation, you can use the calculator form.
Every detail can influence your free moving quote NYC
This is why we go back to the importance of being earnest with the details for moving quotes in NYC. So make sure to inform your movers of any complications that might occur during the NYC relocation. For example, you could have an unusual item demanding special care during the relocation. You could have a piano that you want to be relocated. And in this case, you would need a specialized team of NYC piano movers. Because you can’t move the piano just like that – you need special equipment and moving experts with the right know-how skills.
Besides this, your home could have a lot of stairs or a difficult approach. There might be a part of the building that could be potentially harmful to your moving crew. This is something you must disclose to your movers when looking for moving quotes in NYC. Because it is only the complete information that can provide the precise quotation. Everything else is a rough estimate, which carries little favor with either you or your moving crew.
Do you have the proper equipment for your part of the relocation?
In case you are going to opt for self-packing, consider if you have what it takes. We would advise you to reach out to us to get the best possible service in the area. Still, if you feel as if you’d want to handle the packing process by yourself, make sure you follow these guidelines. First, ask yourself whether you have the proper supplies and the tools? Hence, for the packing process, you will need:
- the boxes
- packing tape
- bubble wrap
- wrapping paper
- label material
And if you don’t have some of these supplies, you need to get hold of them. You can either go through your professional NYC moving company as a supplier or check where you might purchase them separately. This is an additional expense, and hence you must know what you need before you come for a NY moving quotation.
Aside from equipment, do you have the know-how for disassembling/reassembling furniture or for packing fragile items? In case you don’t, learn before the relocation, or hire professional movers for the packing services, and even for unpacking help after your relocation is over. All of this can influence moving quotes in NYC. So make sure you gather all this information before you even start thinking about price calculations.
Free moving estimate NYC: three essential stages
After you’ve taken all the necessary steps to prevent all the potential troubles during your NYC move, you can sit down and calculate the cost of your relocation. To do that, you’ll need the basic info on what goes into the free moving quote in NYC. As people with many decades of experience in local New York moves, we can give you a hand with this:
- Pre-moving expenses – The costs of preparations for your moving day.
- Costs of the moving day in New York – The part that people commonly consider the actual moving quotes NYC.
- Post-moving costs – The costs of settling down and preparing for starting a new life chapter after moving to/from NYC.
The costs before you migrate to NYC
Once you find out that you’re moving to NYC (or moving from one NYC borough to another) you should start preparing for the move. There are plenty of things you need to do, but given that we’re discussing here the moving costs your relocation will cause, we’ll talk only about those things that you’ll need to pay for:
- Renting NYC storage facilities – Do you need storage? It will cost you money, so find out how big a storage unit you need.
- NYC packing costs – Whether you’re packing yourself, or hiring packers and movers to do that, you’ll have some expenses.
- Home cleaning expenses – If you want your deposit back, you need to clean your home before leaving it. Therefore, this comes into your moving quotes NYC as well.
The expenses of NYC relocation
These are the most obvious elements of a free moving quote in NYC. The costs of hiring reliable NYC residential movers. Now, the price you’ll pay for your NYC movers depends on many factors. You need to learn what those factors are and decide what will be of importance for your particular move. And then you’ll figure out what price to incorporate into your moving quotes NYC. Here are the factors influencing the price for movers:
- What type of moving services will you use? The volume of services directly influences the price you’ll pay for the movers, and therefore affects the moving quotes NYC.
- When did you hire the expert local NYC movers? It’s quite different if you hire the movers months before your move, or only a few days in advance.
- How big is your NYC relocation? The bigger the relocation, the bigger the moving quotes NYC.
Post-moving costs you have to handle right away
These costs are not actually connected to your moving process. But, they appear immediately after you move, so you should calculate them as a part of your free moving quote. So these are the costs are related to potential reparations your home might need, the deposit for your apartment, utilities, etc. Given that you probably won’t make money for at least a month or two, you should have a certain amount of money prepared for these expenses too. That’s why planning your relocation in advance is of the essence! Keep these things in mind when preparing for your move.
So, let’s go through these post-relocation expenses together:
- Potential renovation of your house – You should inspect your future home before unpacking. Check if anything is damaged and if the electricity and water are working.
- Apartment or a house rent and deposit – Most owners demand you to pay the deposit as well as the first month of rent. That’s why you should set aside money for that in advance.
- Contact your utility provider – Get in touch with your utility provider to set all that up in your new home. Contact the old ones to save more money.
- Paint your house – It would be good to paint your entire house after moving. It will not only freshen things up but make everything more hygienic.
- Update your information and address – This could cost you a bit. Some administrative taxes need handling. Therefore, prepare money for that as well.
- Renting a storage unit – If you opt for a house renovation, you will have to move your belongings somewhere. Using a storage unit is the best solution in that case.
We offer a fast and precise free moving quote in NYC!
As we said at the beginning, Capital City Movers is here to help you with everything you might need during the relocation. Hence, we strongly urge you to contact us and get your free moving quote in NYC! Now you have the know-how for using it properly. Keep in mind all the relevant information we told you to. You can always come back to our website and use our moving calculator. You can find it on the top of this page or the top of each of our pages. Also, you can and should get in touch with us and we will go through all the details together.