Whatever if you are moving locally or across the state, there are many difficult household items to move. If you want to know how to do it easily without injuries and damages, read tips our professionals giving to you. But, first be aware that many household items are difficult to move by yourself, so consider hiring our moving and storage NYC to be sure that everything is done properly. Hiring professional mover you can be relaxed about packing and safe delivering of your difficult household items.
The most difficult household items to move
Before we start explaining the ways how you can move your difficult household items easily, we bring you a list of the most difficult household items to move. So, if you have something from this list to move, think about hiring professional help.
- Household appliances
Moving your washer or dryer is a very challenging task. Large household appliances need to be handled with care. If you decide on the DIY move, you will need certain equipment to move your large and difficult household appliances. In the further text, we will give you tips how to do it properly.
- Knives and sharp objects
You must be very careful when packing things like these. You don’t want to be injured while packing and finding your knives.
The artwork is very difficult for relocation. The first thing you have to do is to hire find affordable fine arts movers NYC. Artwork can be very difficult for the DIY relocation. Professionals know how properly to pack and handle all your art pieces. You don’t want to risk damages on your valuable belongings.
- Workout Equipment
If you do not want to break and hurt your plants during transport, you need tips how to transport it.
One of the most difficult household items to move is piano! They are large and heavy but at the same time very fragile. Simply moving a piano isn’t possible if you don’t have help and equipment to do it. So, we recommend hiring piano movers NYC. But for more tips and trick for moving a piano, read in further text.
Moving plants to a new home
Plants require special attention when moving. That’s why we bring you professional tips how your plants will survive the trip.
- Use cardboard boxes and a lot of cushioning material to protect your plants
- Read federal regulations if you are moving your plant into another country
- The best seasons for moving your plants are early spring or late autumn
- Be aware that some movers will not allow plants in the moving truck
- Keep constant temperature during the transportation to avoid temperature shocks
- Water them after the relocation, if it is necessary
How to move large appliances?
When moving to your new home, you think how stressful is to relocate your large appliances. But, remember to read moving instructions in the manufacturer’s manual if you don’t know how to move it. Also, very important – gather proper equipment. If you want safe moving of your large appliances to make sure to have:
- appliance dolly
- padding material
With right packing material and equipment, you can properly prepare your appliances for the move. When it comes to moving your refrigerator make sure to move all the food and shelves. Also, clean all the appliances before the move. Secure them before transportation and make sure to have an extra pair of hands. The best decision is to hire professionals for packing and unpacking services NYC. But, if don’t have enough money, you need to be very careful if you want to avoid damages on appliances and on the floor and walls.
Tips for moving artwork to a new home
Transporting artwork safely to a new home is your top priority. The artwork is definitely one of the most difficult household items to move besides pianos.
You have to be sure that your artwork is protected and safe. If you don’t want to suffer big losses than you really need to consider hiring professional help. Moving your artwork is very challenging. Make sure to:
- Research for affordable moving companies who have experience and expertise in moving artwork
- Have an insurance that provides an adequate coverage for your valuables
- Invest in quality packing supplies and specialty moving boxes
- Pack properly your stuff and protect your valuables
- Label moving boxes and have a list of contents inside each box
Moving a piano to a new home – tips and tricks
Pianos are definitely the most difficult household items to move. You need to have a good strategy and moving plan. It is very delicate, fragile but bulky and heavy. If you hire piano movers they will know how to protect this difficult household thing. Make sure that your moving budget allows additional services provided by affordable movers NYC.
If you decide to move a piano by yourself, you should be aware of all the risks. Remember to:
- Gather helpers – call your friends, family, and neighbors to help you lift your piano
- Get necessary equipment: padding material, heavy duty moving straps, and furniture dolly
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes
- Wrap the piano with blankets and padding material.
- Always keep the piano in an upright position and lift with your legs, not with your back to avoid injuries.
How to move a fish tank?
When moving a fish tank, make sure to have clean mobile containers that can safely accommodate your fishes during transportation. Also, don’t feed your fishes at least one day before moving day. And pack all other elements like filters, heaters, and pumps separately. When you get to your new home make sure to set up your aquarium as soon as possible.