Do you have valuable artwork? Are you moving house? Then, it’s time to shop for affordable fine arts movers NYC. Luckily, you’re looking for these kinds of relocation specialists on the New York market. Hence, there will be plenty of moving companies that will offer these services. Here, at Capital City Movers NYC, we are proud to say that fine arts are one of our specialties. We are both local and long distance movers in NYC that will definitely keep your belongings safe. So, by the end of this article, we hope to be the affordable fine arts movers NYC which you will choose.
First, you should know exactly what is considered fine arts by moving companies in New York
So, there is often a bit of confusion regarding what falls under the fine arts in the moving industry. We would suggest that you also read through our fine art moving tips before you begin choosing a relocation specialist. It should help you learn a bit about the work itself, as well as know more about the items themselves. Just so that you’re not blindsided, we’ve prepared a short list of what fine arts usually are:
- Artwork is considered among the fine arts in NYC
- Framed photographs are also among the most common fine arts in the moving industry
- Most affordable fine arts movers NYC will consider mirrors among these items, as well
- Canvases will also be in this category among the reputable movers in NY
- Sculptures or antiques which you’re moving will also be considered fine arts
Next, you need to know if finding affordable fine arts movers NYC is the best solution
Most homeowners believe that moving DIY is cheaper than hiring a professional company for the relocation. But, that isn’t the case most of the time. After you combine the time, the effort and the money needed for a DIY move you will usually notice that it isn’t as affordable as you’d thought. Hence, we advise looking up one of the companies in your area. For example, look for moving and storage companies in Soho and ask for an estimate. After you compare the quote with the price and effort of a DIY move, we’ll let you decide which is best. Of course, if you’re going to calculate your DIY budget, here’s what you will definitely need:
- When moving fine arts in New York you should be ready to purchase custom crating. Not every art piece is the same size or even a standard size. More than often, you will spend quite a bit of money on packaging alone
- High-quality wrapping which won’t damage the fine arts during the relocation. Canvases, mirrors, antiques, and sculptures are among the most difficult to transport. They are highly fragile and may need specialized wrapping to keep it safe. If you find reliable and affordable fine arts movers NYC you won’t have to worry about this.
- Climate control during transport and possible storage in NYC is also a must for fine arts. Most companies will offer a climate controlled vehicle for a number of moves. However, if you’re planning on relocating your fine arts DIY, this amenity may be a problem to acquire. Also, you should be aware of how to keep your fine arts safe in storage.
Then, you will need to find good movers to relocate your fine arts to New York
The first step to hiring a good moving company in NYC is getting recommendations. Your friends, family, and co-workers should be able to give you a few names. If not, head online and find a few companies you like. Jot them down on a paper and make a list of at least three possible movers. Next, you will need to do some more research on these companies. Check the license, insurance, and credentials of the movers. Those which don’t have the former two shouldn’t be on your list. No matter how these companies are affordable, they won’t be too reliable.
After you have narrowed down the list of potential affordable fine arts movers NYC for the job, you should investigate further. Go online and see the client reviews. If you notice a recurring theme of negative comments, it may not be best to hire those movers. But, take the online reviews with a grain of salt. The workers at the moving company are only human and they can’t possibly satisfy every single customer. After all of that, you should have a list of three or four names to call for an on-site estimate.
Finally, you should know what to expect from the affordable fine arts movers NYC when hiring them
This is going to be the final step in finding affordable fine arts movers in New York. The moving company should offer to send a representative for an on-site estimate. At this time you will be able to ask anything else about the company or the work. We advise that you jot down any questions you may have and ask the representative to answer them. Also, the representative should be asking you a number of things. The work of the affordable fine arts movers NYC will greatly depend on the type of items you own, after all. Also, the quote will likely be influenced by the access to items you’ve provided.
Remember to ask the moving company representatives about their packing and unpacking services in NYC. The affordable fine arts movers in NY will offer you a protection plan. For example, most of them will suggest wooden crating for fine arts. This will be the safest options. Another example is when oil paintings are covered in acid-free glassine paper before being packed. This is the safest way for them to be both preserved and transported. Also, don’t forget to purchase additional insurance for your more valuable items. You never know when an accident may happen. Finally, take plenty of pictures of your fine arts before they are packed. It will help in case of damage during transportation.