Moving furniture is not an easy task. Whether you’re moving from one home to another or you’re relocating your office, there is always a chance you lose something during the transportation. To make sure your furniture pieces are safe and handled with care, consider hiring furniture movers NYC. Their workers can help you with a wide range of services that include relocating furniture pieces from point A to point B.
Reliable movers NYC can offer you various moving services. The one you choose depends on your needs. If you need to move your entire household along with the furniture, consider picking one or many of the moving services in New York. Whether you need professional packing, unpacking and relocating professional help will always come in handy.
Moving from one home to another can be stressful enough even without lifting the heavy furniture. If you plan to lift and transport every furniture piece by yourself, think again. This task can be pretty hard to organize. Besides, it can be very difficult to pull off if you are not professionally trained to do it. This is why professional furniture movers NYC are the best solution. The workers in the moving company you hire should be trained and have experience in furniture moving. If you keep reading, you’ll find out how reliable furniture movers do their job.
Why should you hire furniture movers NYC?
If you are not quite sure whether you should hire professional furniture movers NYC, don’t worry. Before you decide, consider the following reasons for hiring furniture movers NYC:
- Furniture safety.
- Dissembling and reassembling the furniture.
- Professional packing and unpacking the furniture
- Professional moving equipment
- Efficiency of the professional moving service
The safety of your furniture
During the relocation of the entire household or an office, your safety comes first. Not only will professional movers guarantee for the safety of your furniture, but you will avoid injuring yourself. Most of the furniture is very heavy, and professionals know the best way to move it from the apartment to the moving truck. Furniture movers will follow strict safety rules to protect your furniture from getting damaged. This rule applies whether you are moving long distance, or you hired local movers in the Big Apple.
Although it might seem easy, furniture is not so easy to disassemble. The reason it has to be done is to pack and secure the pieces so movers can transport them safely. They usually have many years of experience in handling the furniture so they can deal with the oversized furniture pieces. Most importantly, they have the right tools to finish the job. If you don’t want to leave the responsibility to the movers, you can always protect the furniture before the move.
Professional furniture packing and transporting
Many people think that packing the furniture is not necessary. However, corners and delicate parts of furniture can damage during the transportation, so you should leave the packing to the professionals. They will use the best quality professional packing materials made specifically for furniture moving.
If you thought that furniture movers in NYC use only their manpower to relocate furniture, you might be wrong. What makes their job so efficient is professional furniture movers NYC equipment. It makes the entire home moving process way easier and safer. This moving equipment includes everything from moving pads, sliders, furniture blankets and furniture movers straps. Having this equipment is essential when moving furniture long-distance. If you hire NYC long-distance movers NYC to relocate your furniture, they will have to make sure it stays safe during the long transportation trip.
Efficiency of the professional moving service
Even if you make the most productive plan for moving the furniture yourself or with a couple of friends, professionals will still do a better job. If you are in a hurry, or you never moved furniture by yourself before, you should leave it to the professionals. Furniture movers NYC will make a moving plan in advance. They will calculate the distance from your home to the moving truck, the overall weight of the furniture pieces and make the plan accordingly. In the end, they will know the best number of workers that are needed to transport the furniture safely.
How do professionals move furniture?
Preparing furniture for the move
Every furniture moving situation is different. That’s why reliable furniture movers make a good plan before the move. Depending on the size of your furniture and the number of dissembled pieces, a moving company will calculate the number of workers it takes to do the job efficiently. In this situation, they don’t think by the rule “the more the merrier”, because every worker needs to have a purpose during the moving process. Standing in the way can just make the transportation process take more time. On the other hand, there should always be one mover who will supervise the furniture loading and unloading.
In case your furniture needs reassembling before the move, some moving companies offer handyman services. The company will send the handyman to help put the furniture into pieces. If the furniture is antique, they will make sure to handle it with care before the transportation. In case you still want to prepare furniture for moving by yourself, you can do that. Just make sure to let the professionals do the heavy lifting and the moving part.
Professional packing of the furniture
So, how do professionals achieve that level of safety for the furniture they move? Well, there are many steps to properly pack and secure before hiring furniture movers NYC. Here are some of the most important steps an efficient moving company will take:
- First of all, movers will use professional packing supplies NYC to prepare the furniture for the move. They know which corners and parts of furniture need more attention when it comes to the security.
- Movers will make an inventory of your home before the move. They will have to know the exact number of pieces to move and the overall size of the furniture.
- Professional movers will make a floor plan of your home. This way they can calculate the best path for the furniture movers NYC, and make a job much more efficient.
- Workers will measure every piece of your furniture. Professionals movers will never say for the furniture that “it can barely fit through”. Before the actual heavy lifting happens, every move is calculated so the lifting, pulling and moving can go as smooth as possible.
Professional furniture moving NYC
The best thing about hiring furniture movers NYC is the way they organize the transportation process. Before you decide to hire professionals to help you, take a look at some of the tricks they use while moving the furniture.
- Professionals carry heavy furniture pieces like a team. It’s way easier to move furniture when you make it a job for two. They usually tip the item they carry so that one person carries the top and the other the bottom of it. This technique keeps furniture from swinging around and keeps the center of the balance. This way of furniture transportation is also the best for carrying it down or up the stairs.
- Movers know how to use “the L corners”. Experienced furniture movers NYC will know all the tips and tricks when it comes to moving the furniture in New York City. Before transporting all the furniture pieces, professionals will scan all the angles in your home (or office) and calculate the best way to fit the furniture out the door.
- Professionals use moving and lifting straps, a.k.a. “shoulder dolly”. These straps take the weight off the back and help all muscles work at once. Movers will also use blankets for sliding bigger pieces of furniture on the floor.
Custom furniture moving solutions
Moving antique and fragile furniture
Professional moving service is who you hire when you can’t do the furniture moving by yourself. In most cases, people just don’t have time for it or want to leave the responsibility to the professionals. This is a particularly good idea if you have to move old, antique or fragile furniture. These pieces require special handling, so make sure that you hire reputable furniture movers NYC. They will be able to handle your belongings if they’re oversized or if they don’t fit through doors and hallways. Movers will always have the most practical solution for the problem.
Hiring movers to help you transport antique and fragile pieces of furniture could seem pricey at first. But if you consider how much money you would lose if that furniture breaks or damages, it becomes worth the money. If you still feel brave enough to attempt the furniture moving project by yourself, take a look at some fine art and antiques moving tips.
Moving insurance for your furniture
When moving furniture NYC, there are situations when having damaged furniture pieces can cost way more than the moving service itself. This applies especially to the commercial moving and office moving. If you are a business owner, consider hiring professionals to move your office space and all the furniture in it. Let the moving company take the responsibility of keeping them safe during relocation. Whether you are moving furniture from an office, a house or an apartment, getting a moving insurance is always a good idea.
There are many ways to secure your furniture during transportation. Besides packing it the right way, you will feel safe if you get the moving insurance for furniture moving NYC. There are many different types of moving insurance, but these are the most common ones that moving company offer:
- Full value protection is a kind of insurance that will cover all of your belongings. You will not have to worry about losing valuable pieces of furniture or jewelry. The moving company needs to take the complete responsibility for losing, breaking or damaging your property.
- Released value protection is the most common type of insurance policy that moving companies offer. It will cover 60% of the value per one pound of your belongings.
Find a convenient storage after moving your furniture
If you’re planning to move furniture from one home to another, you might need some extra storage space to leave the extra pieces. Whether you are moving your home or your business, consider leaving the search for a storage unit in NY to the professional movers.
You might need a storage unit for many different reasons. Some of us plan to downsize the amount of furniture in our homes, some of us plan to move to a smaller apartment. No matter what the reason is, the most important thing is to find a second home to all the furniture you want to move. A professional moving company should care about your warehouse safety. Before asking them for a convenient storage solution, consider the following:
- A moving company should offer you the transportation in both ways. This applies to relocating your furniture from and to your home or an office.
- Movers should also offer you professional packing and unpacking of the furniture. Packing furniture for the transport is not the same as packing it for the storage. Even though your furniture will stay still in the storage, it can still get damage from the moisture and water leakage. It’s movers’ job to find you a good, dry storage unit and secure your furniture before storing it.