When moving to NYC, you’ll be asking yourself plenty of questions and you’ll have a lot of doubts. And most of all, there will certainly be a lot of chaos around you. The moving process to your new NYC apartment or home will not be as easy as it may seem. Especially in case you need to find the depository in New York, being that you could be unable to place your items in your new home the moment your relocation is ended. So, finding out the best storage solutions NYC is the beginning of your adjustment process.
Storage is a great option in many cases – when you have too many things at home, if you are moving to NYC temporarily, etc. But before you get to find the best storage solutions and organize your stuff, you should know how to prepare your belongings for storing. Capital City Movers NYC is here to help you and give you some good tips and ideas that you could use for finding NYC storage units that fits you.
Prepare your personal possessions for storing
If you are one of the thousands who have had to pick up all your stuff and move to a new place, in this case the Big Apple, this moving tips and tricks could be life saving! So, you are moving to New York and you have already found your new apartment or house? Now it’s time to prepare moving your household. The first thing you should do is to get organized early on. This is the first step in this stressful and turbulent process. Figure out the number of days before moving. Plan on to use these days to avoid any last minute chaos. The point is to manage making a smooth and quick move to NYC. Also, you should figure out how you will move. Make sure to get estimates and find out all the storage solutions NYC on time.
Store your items in 5 simple steps
- Find a location- First thing you need to do is to find the location that fits you and that is near your new NYC home. There are different storage solutions NYC available to fit every situation and budget.
- Choose a size- You can choose between large and small storage units depending on how much personal items you have for storing. There is a great variety of features in each storage unit, so you need to find the right one for you.
- Reserve- Once you have found the NYC storage that suits you, fill out the online reservation form to hold your unit and lock in your price.
- Pack- Take advantage of our packing tips to pack like a pro. Our packing service ensures that everything will reach your new home safely and quickly.
- Move in- Bring your things to the property, meet your manager and sign your lease. Take advantage of our helpful storage NYC tips when loading your unit.
Storage solutions NYC: What should go in your depository unit?
New York City storage units are a great way to obtain much-needed extra space you don’t have in your new New York City home. They are often rented by the month. You can opt for different solutions. It is up to you to choose either short-term or long-term storage in New York. For example, you may want to use the NYC warehouse as a temporary place to store some of your furniture or boxes when you’re in the middle of your moving transition. But you you may also want to use it as a second garage, to store items that you don’t want cluttering up your home.
What do you get by storing your stuff?
- Saves you time
- Pure convenience
- Provides mental freedom
- Saves you money
- Increases productivity
- Keeps you new New York home clutter- free
- Saves you pain and stress
Self-storage: The second home of your items
There are lots of different storage solutions NYC available to fit every situation and budget. We do recommend full service storage NYC in order to save time and costs. What type of storage do you need?
- Personal storage- Very often you may need storage, even if you are not moving. Maybe you just need more space at your new NYC home. In this case, self-storage NYC could be the perfect solution for you.
- Business storage- You can use this type of storage if you need some extra space for your office supplies. Top commercial movers NYC will help you with moving and storing your your office inventory.
- Short-term storage- If you need to store your house for a limited time period, this is the perfect solution for you.
- Long-term storage- You don’t always want to get rid of your things and memories that don’t use on a daily basis. Maybe you will need them in some moment of your life. That’s why long term storage is the best solution in this case.
Moving packing tips to make the process easier
- Make a packing checklist. This will make all the difference and make your moving house really easy. Make a list of all the articles you place in each box. You could label and number them as Books, DVD’s or shoes etc. Make sure you pack them in a way that will make unpacking easier. This is one of the tricks for successful packing without chaos.
- Have a tactic when packing.Organize your belongings according to the moment you will use them. For example, have one bag with all the necessary articles you will need on the day of the move. Make sure you pack articles like toiletries, fresh pair of clothes and electronics like your smart phone or laptop with cables. Also, if its summer time, pack all your winter things separately so you do not have to sort them again when unpacking.
- Packing tip for electronics. Take a photo of the arrangement of cables behind all your electrical appliances so that it saves you time from figuring them out while unpacking.
- Sell or donate. If you have more things than you need or know, this tip is for you! Separate all your things in these 3 groups. You can organize a yard sale or put your belongings on sale online. Also, you can donate things that are in fairly good condition to charity or even to your friends and family. For all the things you need to take with you, you need to make sure you have boxes that are good enough to pack them in.