Moving a boat of any size or shape can be really difficult for somebody who doesn’t know much about it. Boats are bulky and they should be handled with special care before during and after the move. The best way to transport any expensive boat is to find reliable relocation company NYC. The moving professionals are there to explain the process and help you organize the entire boat moving process. Moving services NYC you hire will transport your boat without any damage.
How to find reliable boat moving services NYC?
Before you hire boat moving services NYC, the first thing you should do is to find reliable boat moving professionals. It is always the best to hire professionals you trust or you have hired before. The first step is to ask friends who have boats for a referral. On the other hand, you can ask the staff at the local marina if they know a good boat moving service. However, if you a member of the yachting club, ask them for a referral. If you are looking for the boat moving services online keep in mind to do a thorough check on each company that you like.
Prepare your boat for a move
Before your boat is moved by the professional moving company NYC, there are some steps you should take to properly prepare it. The preparation is the key for the safe arrival of your boat to its destination. You have to ensure your boat arrives without any damage. If you have never prepared a boat for a move, leave this part for the professionals. The reason for that is the insurance. If anything happens to the boat before the professionals arrive may cancel your insurance policy.
What should you do?
- You should remove all and any loose items from the boat. The boat shouldn’t carry any personal items during the move. Cups, water toys or anything else that might move it is not safe to stay loose on the boat during the moving process. If you prefer to leave your items on the boat you should tell your moving professionals about those items. When you tell them about any additional items on the ship they will secure it properly so it doesn’t move around and cause any damage to the boat during the move. If you are moving your entire household make sure you pack all of your items from the boat. You should move them with other household items.
- Make sure that you remove or secure items like seat cushions, curtains, ladders, windshields, etc.
- You should drain all water and hold tanks. That way the boat will be lighter for the boat moving service to transport.
- If your boat moving is happening during cold winter, make sure you winterize any items that are sensitive to the cold. Checking and winterizing boats pipes and engine is a standard procedure if you move your boat during the cold winter.
- Remove the plug from your boat for the move. When you remove your boat plug make sure you secure it and store it in a safe place so it doesn’t get lost in the boat move NYC.
- If you are moving a sailboat make sure you follow the same procedure to prepare it for transport. You should same the same precautions and remove everything that is not part of the vessel. All the parts of the sailboat should be stored separately and wrapped so they don’t get damaged during the sailboat long distance moving NYC.
What shouldn’t you do?
- Movers advise that you shouldn’t leave all the parts of the boat that jut-out unsecured. Antennas, depth sounders, and similar parts shouldn’t be connected to the boat during the move. If you cannot move them by yourself leave that to the professionals. They know how to safely secure these parts with professional packing supplies NYC if they cannot be disconnected. That way they will make sure the parts that stick-out don’t get damaged during the boat moving process.
- When you are moving your boat, you shouldn’t leave masts unsecured. They should be removed from the boat and secured separately. That way they won’t shift or move during transport.
- Before the movers arrive, you shouldn’t leave all the battery cables connected to the boat. The best is to disconnect them before the move.
- It is recommended that you don’t shrink-wrap your boat for a move by yourself. Many boat manufacturers recommend it when the boat is moved. But keep in mind that shrink-wrapping the boat for the move is not an easy and unskilled individual may cause damage to the boat if not done correctly. You should talk to your boat dealership for tips and advice if you are doing it by yourself. But the best way to be sure that you don’t damage anything is to leave it to the professionals and move stress-free.
- Don’t leave the boat with its full fuel tank. You should use any remaining fuel remaining in the tanks. So, make sure you don’t fill up the tank before the moving day.
When you hire boat moving professionals NYC make sure you consider all the details regarding your boat move. Every boat moving professional will tell you that is not the same if your boat is shipped by land or by water. When you decide how your boat will be transported keep in mind that the money isn’t the only factor when it comes to the boat transportation. When you transport your boat by land you have to consider possible problems that may occur. In any case, try to pick the best boat insurance possible.