If you are thinking of moving your goods long distance, you should get to know all the benefits of air freight shipping NYC. Shipping by air is very common, but also one of the most expensive ways to ship. Keep reading to find out more about transporting goods by air and benefits of this way of transportation. Whether you are moving your home or your business, you might not be able to ship some of your belongings the other way.
Cross country moving companies NYC use air freight shipping to transport your belongings if you are moving long distance in NYC. If you prefer your items arriving fast and without delay, air freight shipping NYC companies will organize everything for you. Take a look at some of the benefits of air freight shipping in New York City.
What is air freight shipping NYC?
When you are using aircraft to transport any kind of goods to their destination. Global exporters and importers use air cargo to ship cargo rapidly. Common practice is that the cargo is usually shipped by ocean freight. Ocean freight will be used 90% of the time, but air freights shipping NYC companies take far less time to deliver your belongings. Ocean freight from China to the USA takes up to 30 days to ship your belongings. On the other hand, when you use air freight NYC, it takes up to 3 days to get your belongings to the same destination.
There is a difference between international and express freight shipments:
- Express freight – in most cases one company will handle the entire shipment lifecycle. Companies like DHL, UPS or FedEx organize these shipments and they ship door to door in under five or six days. Shipments like this are usually small and they weigh less than 200 kilograms.
- International air freight – if you have significantly large shipments you will use international air freight. During shipment, the cargo may move across multiple carriers.
Why should you use air freight shipping NYC
Time-sensitive delivery time
When you are in the position that you cannot wait for the shipment to arrive by ocean freight, you will use air freight shipping NYC. Air freight is the fastest shipping method in the world. When you need to transport your goods quickly, you should consider air fright. When you chose to ship your items by air, airplanes are about 30 times faster than ocean liners.
Arrival and departure time
When you use air freight shipping NYC be sure that your belongings will arrive according to the moving company’s schedule. That is because the air freight schedules are highly reliable. Airlines tend to be highly organized with their arrival and departure times. It is highly unlikely that the shipment misses a flight that doesn’t cause a delay in delivery time.
Send the shipment anywhere in the world
The destination location of the shipment is never a problem because you can send your things almost anywhere. Airlines have a large network that connects the entire world. You don’t have to worry about your items getting to the desired destination.
Large savings in insurance
One of the great benefits of air freight is that the transportation time is short. That means that the insurance premium that you use for your cargo is substantially lower. That way you save money on the insurance policy when you use air freight shipping NYC.
Security and damage
When it comes to air freight transportation be aware that this is the most secure way to ship your things anywhere. The great advantage of shipping by air is that airports have a high level of security. Airport safety controls tend to be tightly managed and supervised. There is a bigger chance that your items may get stolen or damaged if you send them by ocean freight. If you’re not sure how to pack items for air freight, consider hiring professional packing service NYC.
What kind of goods can you ship by air?
Air fright is probably the most expensive way to ship. This is the reason why you shouldn’t send any cargo to travel by air. The most common air cargo items are small, expensive and time-sensitive. Here is the list of items you should ship by air:
- Electronic devices. Since they are not too big, electronic devices are commonly shipped by air. Not to mention that many of them travel as electronic companies’ goods for sale. When shipping via air, sellers usually sell bigger amounts of shipments which pays off in the end.
- Time-sensitive shipment of seasonal clothing. Clothing companies prefer shipping by air since their goods need to be delivered right on time. This kind of goods travels from a factory to the stores the fastest way possible. Also, the way they pack the clothing is perfect for air fright. Many commercial movers NYC ship by air since they often have a deadline.
- Pharmaceuticals. They don’t take much space, they can cost a lot of money and they are small in size. This is the main reason why Pharmaceutical companies ship by air.
- Important documents shipping. The most common reason for shipping documents by air is their security and sensitive content. Some of them are time-sensitive, and some of them just need travel with the maximum-security protocol.