Despite the bad reputation Jersey City has been getting from reality shows and ill-tempered New Yorkers, it’s become a popular destination for many. The recently re-designed waterfront and close proximity to Manhattan pushes New Jersey to the very top of popular moving destinations. The re-construction and modernization has raised the standard of living here, which is resulting in many young professionals and families moving here to find a fresh start. So if you are looking to escape the urban NYC jungle and have your mind set on Jersey City, you could probably use the help of an expert New Jersey moving and storage company for a smooth and positive transition.
Moving is never easy – this has become a fact of life. No matter how little you have, relocation is always a hassle that should not be underestimated. And this is why finding the ideal professional moving company is so important. It is our aim to provide our customers with the maximum amount of professionalism and service whilst taking stress out of the moving process. Because if you don’t choose the right New Jersey movers for the job, your entire adventure of relocating to Jersey City could turn into a disaster. This is why it is essential that you pick a reliable New Jersey moving and storage company and avoid any unwanted expenses. Capital City Movers NYC can offer just that and something extra. So save yourself a whole lot of time and money – contact us today and get a moving quote and free consult.
New Jersey moving tutorial – helpful guidelines
The transition from NYC to NJ will not be easy. This is something every former New Yorker will confirm from personal experience. However, knowing what to expect can make an easier adjustment to the New Jersey scenery. So for those of you who are not quite sure what to expect from New Jersey, here are five essential tips to get you started.
New Jersey is no stranger to extreme weather conditions
Until you actually move there, you can never fully comprehend the extreme weather New Jersey can harbor. And no matter where you are moving from, NJ will still find a way to surprise you with the weather. Because it is only here that you will comprehend the term “blizzard”. So prepare a car battery and some waterproof boots because you are definitely going to need them. And if you think summer will act as a safe zone, think again. There is an average of 30 thunderstorms each summer in the state of New Jersey.
Always have a backup generator and plan
Due to the already mentioned extreme weather, New Jersey can experience multiple power outages during the year. Locals are used to power outages, but as a newcomer, you could find yourself unprepared and surprised by the chaos of it all. So if you have our mind set on moving to New Jersey, make sure that you always have the following in your new home:
- Emergency survival kit with water
- Solar battery charger
- Alternate heat source
Full-service gas stations
Back in 1949, the state of New Jersey ruled that people should not pump their own gas to prevent fire hazards. And that prohibition is still standing. Basically, the state does not trust you to fuel up on gas. This is not necessarily a bad thing if you ask professional New Jersey movers such as us. In reality, we all want full-service gas stations wherever we travel, so this is, in fact, a gift. And you should learn to enjoy it!
New Jersey left turns
Also known as a “jughandle” these little road occurrences can cause quite the conundrum for newcomers. Simply put, they change the way traffic turns left. Rather than using your everyday left turn lane, jughandles use a ramp on the right side of the road. So until you learn to not miss your exits, ready yourself for a lot of backtracking while driving in New Jersey.
The phenomenon of BYOB
BYOB or Bring Your Own Bottle is a concept allowing residents to bring their own drinks to restaurants. And this is something you will find advertised by most restaurants that follow the principle. Some places will even go as far as to charge you for cork fees while allowing BYOB. It might seem a bit off at first, but you get used to it quickly.
Movers Jersey City neighborhood guide for newcomers
Development is always noticeable and with it, neighborhood options grow for every city in the US. But like every city, there are those communities that are better and those that are worse than others. So there is really no need to rush buying a home in Jersey City before actually exploring your options. You can find temporary housing options and have Jersey City movers transfer your belongings into one of the storage facilities until you are ready. Here are some Jersey City neighborhoods worth considering:
- Downtown – if you are interested in a mixed-use community, this is the setting for you. The area is rich with residential towers, schools, housing objects and transportation facilities. Other than the marina, the waterfront is filled with a variety of shops and restaurants. Since the recent renovation of the waterfront, more than 15,000 parking spots were added to the entire community.
- Bergen-Lafayette – A neighborhood with quite the personality, given by the interesting blend of architectural styles. Home to the renowned The Beacon, which now includes approximately 1,200 luxury residences.
- Paulus Hook – Approximately one mile across the river from Manhattan. Your morning commute to work in the Big Apple could not get any easier. This is a charming area with small neighborhood shops and numerous waterfront restaurants with outdoor seating.
- Other – Additional neighborhoods worth checking out include Hamilton Park, Van Vorst Park, Newport, and the Liberty State Park area.
Jersey City movers transportation insight
Owning a car is not necessary for you to live in Jersey City. Even if you happen to work in Manhattan, there is a well-developed transportation system in play. When you get into it actually, you will find that roughly 40% of the population in Jersey City does not own a vehicle, whereas more than 45% will confirm that they use public transportation when going to work.
PATH is a 24-hour rapid transit system that will get you where you need to go. All you need is a SmartLink card and you will be set. You will even have access to Hudson-Bergen Light Rail, Hoboken Terminal-New Jersey Transit, and NY Waterway ferries. There are bike lanes on major roads, and additional established lanes are planned for the future. All in all, you are covered wherever you decide to travel to.
What makes us the perfect New Jersey movers for your relocation?
- Reach out to friends & family for the first-hand insight- First, you should contact people you trust. If they moved to Jersey City or within New Jersey recently, they probably have the information about our company. So they could give you the advice on our moving specialist and first-class moving and storage services.
- Google CC movers- There are countless websites you can use to get background information about New Jersey moving and storage. Check the comments and reviews left by our former clients and get the assurance that we are the ideal Jersey City movers you want for your relocation.
- BBB accredited and proud of it- the Better Business Bureau rates companies from F to A+ (A+ being the highest grade). Our New Jersey moving and storage has a long-standing rating of A+. This not only validates the trust our company commands but also assures that you’ll never experience problems by hiring us to manage your move or using our storage New Jersey.
- Check if we were ever associated with any type of moving fraud: You can do this in many ways: check the reviews, ask some people who used our moving services in Jersey City, get in touch with the local police station etc.
- Access our company’s official website and check licenses for doing New Jersey moving and storage. If the movers you’re looking to hire for your Jersey City moving process are not licensed, find another one. Read testimonials from our previous clients on our website. You can check our licensure any time.
New Jersey moving and storage – Professional service that fits your budget
Once you have analyzed the authenticity of Jersey City movers and packers, you should consider hiring them. If you can’t be sure of company’s reliability, you should never even think of using their services. Whatever you want to know about our New Jersey and NYC moving services, we shall provide you with the exact information. Moving to New Jersey may seem like a real challenge and it is advisable to decide as soon as possible whether you are going to organize the move on your own or seek help from a trustworthy New Jersey movers.
Moving your valued personal items or storing them does not have to be so complicated. Our customer service team is known for its personal touch and care we provide to each and every client. Our goal is to give you and your household stuff that personal touch and provide various customized solutions to meet your needs. We are here to give you a hand with your New Jersey moving and help you take care of even the finest details.
Extra New Jersey moving service that you will find us offering
When it comes to relocating to New Jersey, we assure you of satisfying all your requirements. What does this mean? It means that, whatever problem appears during your New Jersey relocation, we are here to solve it. You should have both your moving and storage have taken care by only one moving company New Jersey. Otherwise, it would be a time-consuming and more expensive moving process. This is why we decided to put into practice storage services in our business, so now we can proudly say that we are truly and one of the best New Jersey moving and storage companies. So here is what you can expect from us service-wise:
- Local moving services -Whether you’re relocating across the street, or from one of the five NYC boroughs, allow us to handle your local move for you and your family.
- Long distance moving– While relocating far away is both exciting and overwhelming, Capital City Movers ensures a smooth move, so you can focus on the adventure of starting from the beginning.
- Commercial moving experts from New York– Whether your business is a one-person establishment or a large organization, our department of Jersey City movers is ready to take on the task no matter the challenge.
- New Jersey Storage services– If you find yourself in need of extra space for your residential or commercial move trust Capital City for your storage needs. Our storage services are the perfect solution to provide you with convenience, security, and affordability.
- Packing and unpacking assistance – This may be one of the hardest parts of any long or short distance Jersey City relocation. But don’t worry about it, because we’ve got you covered. By purchasing the packing/unpacking service you can make sure that all of your belongings will be safely stored and transported.
- Handyman & electrical service– This also goes for all sorts of issues you might have in your old place or any work you need to be done to your new one. Dealing with these when you are untrained can cause potential problems. However, we put safety first. Contact us, and we will do it for you quickly and efficiently.
- Carpentry– If there is a lot of work to be done in your new Jersey city house; you don’t have to lose a lot of time and energy doing it without proper training. Our carpenters will take care of that for you.
Special New Jersey storage services that we provide
- Short-term and long-term storage. This means that you can choose for how long you will be using our depository capacities. The only important thing is to call us on time. Many people are searching for our storage services and that is why you should secure our storage units before the day you start using them. You don’t want to find yourself in a situation that all of our storage facilities in Jersey City are occupied.
- Full-service storage or self-storage option. It’s up to you to decide whether you will hire our movers and storage NYC Company to do everything regarding keeping your belongings safe, or you’ll only rent the space, and take care of your item’s safety by yourself.
- Climate-controlled facilities. If you need your belongings to be kept in a specially controlled environment, get in touch with us and we shall discuss all the details with you. We can offer you climate-controlled Jersey City storage units.
- Top-notch security. Our New Jersey moving and storage company takes care of the safety of our clients’ belongings. In fact, we take care of your belongings being safe in the first place. Your household and personal items are important to you, and so they are important to us too. We mind about your warehouse safety.
What is it that makes us stand out from the rest of Jersey City movers?
Capital City Movers is more than just any other New Jersey moving and storage companies because we offer the comfort of flexibility with the dates of your belongings entering or leaving our storage facility. Together with an option of transportation from your old and to your new Jersey City home. Also, we offer to pack and unpack all of your possessions.
Contact us and find out what is the best moving and storage solution for you. We will let you see if everything we say is true. So if you are considering your options for moving and storage Jersey City, please help yourself to our online calculator form and get the estimated quote for moving and storage services you might require within minutes. We might not offer the cheapest of services, but we guarantee the best New Jersey moving and storage experience that you can hope to find.