When you consider the physical range and location of the Upper West Side as a neighborhood, you understand why it is such a coveted destination. And even though we are talking about Manhattan, the types of real estate you can find here are various. Basically, many families (young and old) have the option to choose from vintage pre-war buildings to your modern high-rise tower apartments. However, the fact remains that no matter whether are renting or buying, real estate in this part of NYC won’t come cheap. And this is why it is so important that you save money where you can – relocation being one of those things. So make the right choice and allow our Upper West Side moving and storage company to help get you there. You will find that our professional NYC moving services are as coveted as your new home, with the addition of being quite affordable.
What makes this Upper West Side movers company stand out from the rest?
One of the main reasons people have for moving to NYC is making their dreams come true. And if that fails – finding great career opportunities and making a life for themselves. And Capital City Movers understand that since we share the same opinion. This is why it is important for us that we constantly improve and aim to provide as much as we can to our customers. And that is something we have proudly been doing for the last two decades. The result of all that effort is that if you are looking for the best possible NYC local moving and storage services, you will find us at the very top of the list. And in case you are wondering why that is:
- Movers with tradition and experience –One thing that is important to mention is that we, as an Upper West Side movers and storage, have all the necessary knowledge of the metropolis where we are operating in. That doesn’t only involve knowing the streets of NYC, but it also means knowing the people who live there. You can count on Capital City Movers NYC to have all the necessary information and to always catch up with the latest news.
- Professional consultations – One of the benefits of hiring local Upper West Side moving and storage professionals is that they are able to provide answers. Answers to any questions you might have about your relocation. And this involves using phone or email, or you can go there by yourself and get all the info you need. This makes moving much easier. But, not all NYC moving experts are eager to have open and honest conversations with their customers. This is why you should look for a NY mover that values the relationship with their clients. And this is certainly our top-priority, GUARANTEED.
- Useful and knowledgeable tips and tricks for moving to NYC – Experienced NYC movers usually have a very good connection with their clients. This is because they know all about the moving experiences and struggles their clients will face. And that is what makes Upper West Side home moving professionals a valuable source of information.
Upper West Side – what to expect from your new neighborhood
The Upper West side of Manhattan has become the typical borough for your “intellectual” and “cultural” New Yorkers. Well-known names such as Diane Keaton, Dustin Hoffman, and Michael Douglas have called the Upper West Side home at some time or the other. Perhaps the area’s most famous name was John Lennon, who resided at the Dakota, a land-marked building which is located on 72nd street and Central Park West near the 72nd Street traverse. The fact that it embodies intellect, diversity and rich culture, makes Upper West Side one of the most attractive parts of NYC.
The real estate landscape of the Upper West Side consists of rows of charming brownstones especially in the 80’s between Amsterdam and Columbus avenues and several magnificent buildings located along Central Park West which are known for their grand balustrade balconies that afford gorgeous views of the Park. The neighborhood stretches from 59th street to 110th and has Central Park and Riverside drive as its borders.
The Upper West Side (like its counterpart the Upper East Side) is essentially a residential neighborhood. However, it also nurtures quote the arts and culture scene. Located within this neighborhood are several legendary cultural institutions of New York City like:
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts,
- Alice Tully Hall for Chamber Music,
- Beacon Theater,
- Julliard School of Music,
- Walter Reade Theater, the
- Metropolitan Opera House,
- New York Philharmonic,
- and museums like The American Museum of Natural History and Planetarium and the Children’s Museum of Manhattan.
Moving to the Upper West Side has has become quote popular among families as it has excellent schooling facilities. Some of the most famous and much sought-after schools that are located here include:
- Anderson School, which is public school for gifted children.
- Hunter College High School for Sciences.
- The Collegiate School for boys, which has the distinction of being the oldest school in the USA (founded in 1628).
A reliable Upper West Side moving and storage company saves you a whole lot of time and money
If you are looking for reliable movers to make your relocation to the Upper West Side easier, Capital City Movers NYC is an excellent choice. By hiring a professional company for moving and storage NYC you’ll be able to plan your Manhattan move without carrying large boxes around.
You won’t have to bother moving heavy furniture into your new home on Upper West Side. And you’ll save a lot of time by allowing experienced moving experts to manage the move. Residential moving is a very different process from moving your office/business, and therefore they require different approaches. We realize this and have several specialized teams to match each of the specific types of NYC moving you require. Our Upper West side moving and storage professionals are all experienced, skilled and trained to move and store your personal possessions competently and with ultimate professional care.