Long Island is part of New York City. It consists of four counties: Kings, Queens, Nassau, and Suffolk. Brooklyn and Queens are boroughs in the New York City. Nassau and Suffolk are generally lumped together and locals refer to them as “Long Island”. Long Island consists of a slightly older population. It is made of rich Italian-Americans, Eastern European immigrants, Native Americans, and Asian immigrants. Therefore, if you want to be within driving distance of New York City and be able to experience a wealth of cultures, Long Island is a great place to move to and settle down! You just need to hire a good Long Island moving and storage company and enjoy your move.
Relocating to a new apartment or home can be a stressful experience. That is why it is essential to find the right mover that can help you reduce the stress associated with moving. We want to manage every relocation with the highest level of professionalism. If you don’t do properly your research and don’t choose a good mover Long Island, you might have a big problem and you could decide to cancel the moving to this exciting NYC borough. Picking the wrong moving company NYC might take too much time and too much money. That is why you need to know how to pick a reliable Long Island moving company and avoid moving scams. Capital City Movers NYC is a smart choice.
Important things to know when moving to Long Island
Long Island City is a sprawling area bounded by the East River on the west and Newtown Creek on the south; 36th Avenue can serve as a limit on the north and Van Dam Street on the east. People know Long Island for its stunning, white sand beaches, its shopping malls, mansions on the North Shore, and the world-renowned Hamptons. If you’re thinking of moving here, or if you have friends or family that are about to take up residence in Nassau or Suffolk Counties, here are some points to consider before making the move.
1. Always ask about property taxes
Always make sure that the price of a house you are planning to buy is within your budget. But also, you will need to ask about the property taxes. These taxes can raise your housing expenses because, depending on where you buy, they can be very high. So think well about where on Long Island you want to live. One of the factors that you should seriously consider is the cost of property taxes. And remember that they can go up as the years go by.
2. Hiring a moving company Long Island saves your money and time
Capital City Movers NYC is an excellent choice if you are looking for reliable movers for your Long Island move. By hiring a professional company for moving and storage Long Island you’ll be able to focus on planning your move without carrying large boxes around.
There won’t be a problem moving heavy furniture into your new Long Island home. And at the same time, you’ll save a lot of time by letting moving experts conduct the move. Moving your home is a very different process from moving your office or business, and therefore they require different approaches. We are aware of this and have specialized teams to match each of the specific types of Long Island moving you require. Our employees are all experienced, skilled and trained to move and store your personal possessions competently and with ultimate professional care.
3. The traffic in Long Island – how much traffic is there?
Long Island has some beautiful natural expanses. But it’s also well-known for its traffic in places like the Long Island Expressway, which is also known as “the world’s longest parking lot.” If the reason for your move to Long Island is a new job, make sure you try out the route from the house you’re considering. Getting stuck in traffic can add extra time to what may seem like a short commute. Subway lines serving Long Island City include the E, F, G, M, N, R, Q and 7. The East River Ferry makes four stops in Brooklyn and two in Manhattan. The Long Island Rail Road has two stops.
4.What to do in Long Island?
Summer in Long Island offers diverse activities: plenty of hiking, horseback riding, and fishing opportunities along white sand beaches. There are even things to do in Long Island in the winter. Cross-country skiing in Nassau is very popular, as well as seal-watching cruises in Freeport. The annual Long Beach Polar Bear Splash event is also something to behold, as brave men and women jump into the Atlantic on Super Bowl Sunday to raise money for charity. Depending on what type of adventures you want, Long Island definitely has plenty to offer.
5. Real estate Long Island – what you will pay?
Average sales prices in 2015 were $629,137 for a studio, an increase of 19.6 percent over 2014; $808,448 for a one-bedroom, up 4.6 percent; and almost $2 million for a two-bedroom, up 10.6 percent. In luxury buildings, studios averaged $2,427, one-bedrooms $3,027, and two-bedrooms $4,290 in the 2015 fourth quarter; in elevator buildings, the averages were $2,252, $2,510 and $2,836. When it comes to walk-up buildings, one-bedrooms were $2,225 and two-bedrooms, $2,625; no studios were found in walk-ups.
Why are we the Long Island City movers you should hire?
- Call your friends and family for recommendations- First, you should contact people you trust. If they moved to Long Island or within Long Island recently, they probably have the information about our company. So they could give you the advice on our moving specialist and high-quality moving services.
- Read the reviews- There are many websites you can use to get the information about Long Island moving and storage. Check the comments and reviews from our former customers and see that we are professional Queens movers you want for your relocation.
- Check the company on BBB (Better Business Bureau)- These are the people checking on the moving companies around the states, rating the companies from F to A+ (A+ being the highest grade). Our Long Island moving and storage got the rating A+. We are a completely trustful company, and there is no reason to doubt if you’ll experience some troubles by hiring us.
- Find out if there were some accusations of a moving fraud: You can do this in many ways: check the reviews, ask some people who used our moving services in Long Island, get in touch with the local police station etc.
- Visit our company’s website- Feel free to check our license for doing Long Island moving and storage. If the movers you’re considering to hire for your Queens moving process do not have a proper license, find another one. Read testimonials from our previous clients on our website. You can check our licensure any time.
Because Long Island movers can rely on us
When searching for Long Island moving and storage company, you have to be extremely careful. Otherwise, you could probably run into scammers. Before you consider which moving and storage Long Island companies are good enough for you, you should check the reliability. And it should be the first eliminating factor.
Only after you checked the reliability of moving Long Island companies should you consider hiring them. If this important factor isn’t satisfied, you have to search for another Long Island moving and storage company. We are here to answer all the questions you might have besides the initial check-up. Everything you want to know about our moving company, we will make sure you get all the information. Capital City Movers NYC team takes great care of our customers and clients, so we want you to be sure of your safety before you decide whether or not you will hire us.
Long Island moving and storage – Professional service that fits your budget
Once you have analyzed the authenticity of Long Island movers and packers, you should consider hiring them. If you can’t be sure of company’s reliability, you should never even think of using their services. Whatever you want to know about our Long Island moving services, we shall provide you with the exact information. Moving to Long Island may seem like a real challenge and it is advisable to decide as soon as possible whether you are going to organize the move on your own or seek help from a trustworthy Long Island movers.
Moving your valued personal items or storing them does not have to be so complicated. Our customer service team is famous for its personal touch and care we provide to each and every client. We want to provide you and your personal stuff various customized solutions to meet your needs. We are here to give you a hand with your Long Island moving and help you take care of even the finest details.
What special services do we offer?
We assure you of satisfying all your requirements when it comes to relocating to Long Island. What does this mean? It means that, whatever problem appears during your Long Island relocation, we are here to solve it. Only one moving company Long Island should take care of both your moving and storage. Otherwise, it would be a time-consuming and more expensive moving process. This is why we decided to put into practice storage services in our business, so now we can proudly say that we are truly and one of the best Long Island moving and storage company. When it comes to services, here is what you can expect from us:
- Local moving services -Whether you’re relocating across the street or from another NYC neighborhood, allow us to handle your local move for you and your family.
- Long distance moving– Relocating far away is stressful and exciting at the same time. Capital City Movers team ensures a smooth move, so you can focus on the adventure of starting from the beginning.
- Commercial moving Long Island– Whether your business is a one-person establishment or a large organization, our Long Island movers are ready to take on the task no matter the challenge.
- Long Island Storage services– If you find yourself in need of extra space for your residential or commercial move, trust Capital City for your storage needs. Our NYC storage services are the perfect solution to provide you with convenience, security, and affordability.
- Packing and unpacking assistance– This may be one of the hardest parts of any long or short distance Long Island relocation. But don’t worry about it, because we have everything under control. By purchasing this service you can make sure that all of your belongings will be safely stored and transported.
- Handyman & electrical service– This also goes for all sorts of issues you might have in your old place or any work you need to be done to your new one. Dealing with these when you are untrained can cause potential problems. However, we put safety first. Contact us and we will do it for you quickly and efficiently.
- Carpentry– If there is a lot of work to be done in your new Long Island apartment, you don’t have to lose a lot of time and energy doing it without proper training. Our carpenters will take care of that for you.
Still not sure that we are the best movers Long Island for you?
If you still have certain doubts and questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Tell us about your possible concerns and reasons that make you uncertain whether or not you should hire us. We are here to answer all your questions, to explain everything so you can understand what is it that you get. Also, you have a possibility of getting your NY moving quote by just visiting our website. So, you can get the total price for your relocation, spending only a few minutes on our web page. This way you can compare our price to the prices of other Long Island moving and storage companies. Feel free to do this and get a confirmation that we’re among the most affordable Long Island movers.